Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mission Fest 2007!!

Here's Luke...I think this is while he and Joel were doing their song: 'Something's Gotta Give'
Some more cool light effects...this is Rebecca (right) and I think it's Joel on the left.

Some of the lights during Rebecca St. James show.






Electric guitarist from 'Hello Kelly' - he was just a bit eccentric!



















Ben....I'm not quite sure what he was trying to do - I think Aaron's trying to figure it out!














To celebrate getting my G2 license I decided to go to Mission Fest last night. Well not really, I would have went even if I hadn't got my license, but getting my license sure helped make the night funner. We (Pete, Chrissy, Abby, Melissa, two other people from our church and me) left at 3:00. We spent quite a bit of time walking around in the vending hall. I think we tried every candy that was there! We needed to tell people which one was the best!! And then we talked to this guy who was giving out helium ballons! We told him we were from Bowmanville and he asked if we knew somebody named 'Frew'. I've heard of the name, so I told him maybe. And he was like 'That is so cool!' And then he proceeded to take a video of us so he could show his friend Frew! It was hilarious!












Next we walked around the whole outisde of the Congress Centre just for something to do. THen we walked to a nearby Tim Hortons and got some coffee. We spent some more time in the vending hall just walking around and looking at stuff, and just generally being hyper. By this time we've all (Melissa, Abby and I) had a coffee, a donut and who knows how many candies. We were very hyper!! Then after about asking the security guard 5 times we finally figured out where the line-up was for the concert. While in line, Melissa and ran out to Subway and got some supper. When we got back they were letting people in so we found our seat and ate our supper. Then we walked around and looked at the bands merchandise and waited for Ben and Aaron and the rest to come. Finally after like 1/2 hour of waiting Ben, Aaron, Jon, Katie and Jenny showed up just as they began the concert. First up was Kystaal. They're a band made up of three black guys. Enough said. We used the time they were up on stage to stock up on candies and get some water. Next up was 'Five O Nine'. I've never heard them before but they were amazing. I bought one of their Cd's. and got an autographed picture of them. They were so worth going for. And the wierd thing is their home church is in Port Perry which is like 1/2 hours from here or not even. I might check it out sometime. If you want to look them up they are at www.nineofiveonline.com or at www.myspace.com/nineofiveonline Next was 'Hello Kelly'. I've never heard of them before either, but they weren't that great. 'Five O Nine' was definately better. And then Rebecca St. James...she sang for about an 1 hour and 1/2. It was amazing too, I really liked the Praise and Worhsip songs she sang at the end. Her brothers, Joel and Luke also sang one song by themselves. This is Joel. They are really good too. They are working on releasing a Cd, and apparently they have a few songs you can listen too, on My Space, at www.myspace.com/joelandluke Melissa and I talked both of them after and they were pretty cool. All in all it was an awesome night. And if they have some good singers lined up for next year I'd definately consider going again. I'll try to get some more pictures up later.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow good pics! And melissa thought you didn't get any good ones ;)

Yes, I was lookin for joel and looks site, but couldn't find it. Thanks!

Awesome night!

Mel said...

Well...we were looking at them on the way home, and from what I could see they were all really dark. But I was pretty much dead, so... my bad.

looks site Aaron? It is Luke. ;-P Yeah, that was definitely cool getting to meet them!!

Janelle said...

yea lucky u guys it sounded liek it was awesome Congrates on getting ur G2 Marie!!!

Now u can come and visit me more often:D

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I wish I had of taken my camera. But yea, that evening at mission fest was lots of fun! :)

~Marie~ said...

It was tons of fun! Yah, I didn't even know I had mine with, until I felt in my coat pocket! The thing is so small! Almost too small, It's easier to lose that way. And plus I had like full batteries in the camera which was cool too!