Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting About Time for a post...





So I figured some of you out there are probaly wondering when I'm going to do a real post about what' really happening in my life these days. Well I came home from my Aunt's this past Tuesday. One of this first things I did when I got home was meet our puppy Madison or Maddie for short. She's so adorable. And poor Mia gets extremely jealous of all the attention Maddie got at least for the first few days.



And for those of you who didn't know, I was unfortunatley unable to make it to OCHEC this year, one of the saddest weekends of my life. :( Well I kind of got over that a couple of weeks ago (though I'm still just as sad and mad about it) and I spent the week getting back into home life. Last week was really dreary most of the time which kind of stinked, but now that the weather's back to sunny and relatively warm I've been spending every spare moment outside.


Yesterday we had Rev. Pennings preach in our Church, and he had two excellent sermons! Apparently we've had him before but I don't remember him. And he is definately 'rememberable'! He talks in a very clear and VERY loud voice!! It was also louder because my family was like the latest we've ever been to church and we had to sit in the very front row!!


After church we quickly had lunch and then Matt, Chris, Tim walked over to Vogel to hitch a ride to the Nursing Home. After running up and down the road a few time trying to get the dogs to stay at home we finally made it to Vogels. By that time we were nice and hot and sweaty and then we got to sit in the nursing home for a 1/2 hour and then race off to church and sit in a very warm (at least to us) sanctuary for another hour or so. But who are we to complain, the warm weather is awesome!


After Church we went home again (I bet you didn't see that one coming!) :) Well it was acutally quite an event, because it was my family (10) plus my Opa, plus Melissa and Kristyn, plus Christi, plus Issac. The reason was we had coffehouse so some of the people just came home with us. It was squishy but fun! When we got home Melissa and I jammed for a while, well we jammed about as much as you can jam on a piano and flute! :) She had an awesome new piano book with her so we had tons of fun with that. We played some soccer outisde and then we had supper and then we played some more soccer. Around 7:30 most of the people were there and we started some peope. To my brother's chagrin it was quite the disorganized game and people kind of just went and came when they felt like it. He hates any kind of disorganization especialy in sports and most esepecially in baseball! Anyway he got over it and we had fun, at least I think most of us did!


After that we played a whole whack of games of Man Hunt. More disorganization. Because of the amount of people once there was a substantial group they would just start the game over and the poor people who were paitently hiding would have to discover that no one was no longer looking for them. Then halfway through the game James, Justin, and Amanda showed up! Soon after we went into the house and sang until about 10:00. Matt and James played the guitars for us! It sounded awesome! Thanks guys!




Most of the peopl left around 10, but James, Justin and Amanda stayed till about quarter till 11. My Dad showed us this DVD of this old country westers singer John Denver, who had this ridiculous back-up singer who didn't sing but danced! Amanda kept asking my Dad if she was drunk! She was so hilarious (the dancer I mean!). Then Amanda thought that it was a guy with a wig on because her face was so wierd looking. So in the end we concluded that it was John Denver's brother in a disguise! My Dad told us we'd ruined that song forever and he'll never be able to watch it without thinking of what we told him! So after we had jammed a bit more in the basement, Justin decided it was time to go home. After he had done an imitation of John Denver's 'brother's' dancing and he attempted some handstands!! He was so hyper by the time they left! Needless to say we had TONS of fun! And we've concluded that we should really try to get together more often!


Well I think this post is long enough now. I've added some pics from today, our collection of animals at the moment! Everything looks better when the sun's out and it's warm so I armed myself with the camera today and had fun. Enjoy! oh and one note guys, comment are GREATLY appreciated!!!



Mia all tired out from her 'Go Fetch' lesson!

Chicklet all shiny, thanks to Melissa hours of brushing! The horse are shedding their winter coats and they can be brushed for an hour each day!


What's a picture collection of animals without one of the cows! I even got one to look at me!!



And our ever-wet, water loving puppy Maddie!

And last and certianly least, :) the chickens enjoying the sun and their new pecking grounds!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pictures of the animals marie
our puppy loves water too

Janelle said...

sounds like u had a fun busy chaos of a sunday:D

wish i was there


awww the puppy is so cute now i REALLY want it:D

Anonymous said...

We've heard Rev.P before too, he does have a strong vioce and he allways smiles as he's talking.
Nice pics of the animals, which puppy do you think is cuter?

Mel said...

Good post! Sunday was so much fun eh! Falling off the hay bale... :-)

You forgot some of the funny parts though, like, Jo and I kicking the soccer ball, and both of us nearly nailing you in the head with our flying shoes. :-D

Jo said...

sweet pics :)ai

~Marie~ said...

K, Mel that was like the most dangerous weekend for me...the day before on Sat. was the same thing as the shoes except it was a brown sugar container!

Due to the length of our table things often get passsed through the air! It's a faster mode of transportaton! Anyway I alsmot got hit in the head with the brown sugar container twice in the same meal! I could hear it fly past!